Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Monday Blues

Ariadne   

why do they call it labour day when no one does any heavy labour? ... or any labour for that matter. everyone just stays home and rests and celebrates labour ? :confused: :D

by rest... this one is going to drive me mental

am I the only one that could smell the slightest hint of irony there ?

dabbed along the inner wrist and the back of the neck by the ears

Miriam1   

Knock Knock..

Is this where we vent on the horridness of mondays...

Today perhaps is the worst monday of my new school year which..only began 3 weeks ago

Sunday-10pm..Hoyo shouting at me..reminding that I am past my bedtime...and I stare at the 2 unanswered questions on my "huge" assignment...SOMEHOW i rationalize that I will wakeup at 2 in the morning and do them...my alarm clock will wake me up...it will i said..

Monday 2 am- LOUD BONJOVI MUSIC...( i have one of those radio alarm music clock thingys)

I wake up..startled with..the "ITS MY LIFE..LALA" lyrics...stare at the clock..I begin to rationalize again..okay okay.its only two questions and i have 6 hours before class..one more hour of sleep...okay..shut bonjovi up

Monday 6 am- I wakeup with the rest of the household..only to realize that I over slept..I run to the living room..praying that for some reason..unknown to anyone, that my alarm clock might just be wrong..and its still 4 am.

Alas..it was 6.05...I rationalize...if i take the GO BUS..i should be there early..right? coool

take my time to get ready...

8.30 am Its raining mad...run to the ttc stop..head to the go stop..only to stand in a LINE for 45 mins...one of the GO busses decided not to come...I am panicking know...all I can imagine is my Indian prof saying, " Ah jawahiir you hve decided to join us today..we should have waited for you my dear..sit sit..!!!" the emmbarsment..oh lord.

10.30 In class..I sneak in during the break..Alhamdulillallah!!!!! no one saw me.. I sit for the next one hour pretending to listen while i try to finish those two questions...Handed them in, gave the Indian prof a nice smile..wondered if she noticed me late..heh..

12.30 Standing outside the library..waiting to sell one of the heaviest books i ever bought..I was dying all day tugging it around..Standing..Standing..Standing..for 20 mins NO ONE...the loser didnt show up to buy the book..no money..and left with a very heavy book...

Now I must run...to a dentist appt..could my day end with a better thing then injections in your gums and a drill to your teeth?

No i doubt it...

Monday mornings leave me feeling proud on the daily commute to class.I mean the amount of will power it takes to getout of that warm trove of a treasure chest aka my sariir is amazing!Exspecially when you have relatively new cosy duvet :mad: I should have just saved hooyo a few pennies and stuck with that trusty baradho sack I had all those years ago! :(

Baluug   

I'm just wondering why we're talking about Monday when it's already Thursday?Mondays are actually usually good for me.Usually nice and slow at work,I usually get up early so I have lots of time to sit around and relax before work(I work afternoon shift 3pm-11pm).Tuesday is the sh*tty day.

Armz_23   

Alxamdulilah, Monday is a blessing day for Armz_. everything is laid out for me in a suitable manner, where after a long sunday nite on the phone, chit-chatting and gosipping like a "FOODLEYS". may allah forgives my dirty/hardcore shukaansiis,Aamiin. my schedule allows me to sleep half of my day in my double size-bed (not marriege yet, and dont dare ask me why ive got that... :D ). starts class on 2.00 till 4.00. gets back home early in order to consume enough canjeero to boost my energy for my next task. around 6, i try to visit the gym regularly in order to strengthen those chicken legs that lacks definition.

by the time i come out the gym, my day is almost done. THATS WHAT I CALL "IDEAL" MONDAY BLUES.

What do you know, it's only another effing Monday. Thought I would dig up this blasted thread rather than set up another moan-fest.

Commuter hell - Same old smelly, over-crowded trains where people feel you up. Maybe we should create a thread solely for enraged commuters.

Vandals - Another window broken (fourth time in as many months) by juvenile deliquents over the weekend. I wish I could ring their necks.

Murder and mayhem - I read on the metro that the teenager who was stabbed to death in Camden Town on Saturday was a Somali, as were the 25 men arrested who were apparently involved in the assault. Stup!d faaraxs...they've only gone and started murdering ppl now. Damn them.

Chinese New year - The Year of the DOG is upon us. Figures, doesn't it? I missed yesterday's parade in Central London, but I did catch the last fireworks display in the evening. Except for some temporary deafness and frostbite, it wasn't so bad.

nafta   

^ I'm skiving off Uni today.

Called in sick for work as well...

Right now, i'm sat in my pj's with a packet of crisps, watching the less fortunate scurry around in the cold.

For once, I'm having a good Monday :cool:

N.O.R.F   

Suxanallah

Ina lillahi wa ina illahi rajicuun and allah yarxama to the poor kid, these stories are endless

My Monday was straight forward, went to work, read the paper, sent a few faxes, had a few discussions then came home early and had a nap.

Tomorrow is Muharram and i have the rest of the week off (Tues & Wed) making it a long wknd of sleep, food, football, tennis and more food! :D

Happy new year and may it be a peaceful and prosperous one for all muslims, ameen

^^^yaa dhintay?

Today is monday..I was suppose to go to uni and get my results back...I checked my results on-line so me dont need to go....though I was suppose to start my new placement today....my disertation research depends on this.....Ya Allah...give me some strength

Nafta...that's nice. Enjoy it.

Norf,

Yeah, it's really sad. Allah ha u naxariisto.

Is the Islamic New Year tomorrow? For some reason I was under the impression that it was next week. Oh well..Happy 1427! May Allah make it a prosperous one for all of us. I'A.

Chinese New year - The Year of the DOG is upon us. Figures, doesn't it? I missed yesterday's parade in Central London, but I did catch the last fireworks display in the evening. Except for some temporary deafness and frostbite, it wasn't so bad

:D

After reading this,i am having a good monday. Thanks eedo smile.gif

Nafta: You selfish crisp eating xalimo. Get off your lazy bum & do something,will ya? icon_razz.gif