Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

Universal Feminist

NGONGE   

^^ I bet some ignorant gaal looked at that photo and thought to himself "so that's what they look like under all those veils?". :D

BOB   

Originally posted by SeeKer:

BOB
I am not one to start anything and I can't actually be a feminist because..........

^^^Because you've read Pleasures Of Philosophy where Sonia Kovalevsky, a distinguished scientist says that 60% of University women are without husbands and complained that no one would marry her. Why can't no one love me? I could give more than most women and yet the most insignificant women are loved and I am not. she moaned....That's why you (Seeker) don't believe in this whole monkey business called Feminist Movement and I say Good On You Madam. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Feminism has done for womenkind what the Civil Rights Movement has done black people in America. It was a very significant and powerful movement. But the next generation has done very little to advance the cause just like Blacks.

BOB   

Ms Shukulaato & Malab

Are you a University woman or should that be are you in University? :cool:

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Hadaba maandheey maxaad sugeysaa oo aad meesha lasoo indha cadahay?

^^^Maad Graduation party invitationska noo soo dirtid even if its belated! smile.gif

PS. you thought inaan maad guursatid ku leeyahay? :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

There are 3 types of feminists, the Betty Friedan kind, who advocates for women to identify their problems within through self-empowerment, then there is the Phyllis Schalafly type, who say "Women's Libbers Do Not Speak for Us"(thats the blessed of sol kind of feminists) and finally, there is the feminists who co-authorized the RedStockings Manifesto, very radical because they take the blame from themselves and put it on the shoulders of men, to which they say

We Identify the agents of our oppression as men. Male supremacy is the oldest, most basic form of domination. All other forms of exploitation and oppression (racism, capitalism, imperialist, etc.) are extensions of male supremacy.

The trick is to find out which of the three groups you belong to ya poster and stick close, identify some key elements that speak to you and if you do not know these figures, search them, plenty of reading material available.

Somalina   

:D ...

There is no such thing as universal feminist. It is not a cult or an organization that answers to its board of directors.

SeeKer   

Originally posted by *BOB:

quote:Originally posted by SeeKer:

BOB I am not one to start anything and I can't actually be a feminist because..........

^^^Because you've read Pleasures Of Philosophy where Sonia Kovalevsky, a distinguished scientist says that 60% of University women are without husbands and complained that no one would marry her. Why can't no one love me? I could give more than most women and yet the most insignificant women are loved and I am not. she moaned....That's why you (Seeker) don't believe in this whole monkey business called Feminist Movement and I say Good On You Madam.
:D

Peace, Love & Unity.
loooooooooool. Thats a heck of a story line BOB. I haven't heard of the book nor the writer but perhaps one of these summery days I will look for it.

LayzieG, I am not in search of a movement to follow. Indoctrination has never been something I take lightly. I prefer to question what people take for granted and analyze it to suit my world smile.gif

LOZ, I don't like labels so I am not labeling anything. I am interested in the rabbit hole phenomena called feminism. Rudimentary speaking most people equate the movement with seeking equality and I think that is not necessarily true. I think its more power or simply power to exercise choice.

Men and women can't be equal and society,lets face it, will never be split 50/50. Logic dictates that one has to have power over the other, therefore women want power :D At least that is what it all boils down to in my opine.

**I will be back to finish my thoughts on power and feminism......I need some nourishment. Its been a long day**

Khayr   

There are ecofeminist, womanist, radical feminist, second and third wave feminist, marxist feminist, liberal feminist, muslim feminist etc.

My query: Is there a universal feminist?

In all these types, there is one mind set and that is the propogation of liberal ideals be it covertly (state of mind, their mental thinking) or overtly (be means of speaking out and being an "Advocate".

The word feminist nowadays is looked as an extremem polarity but the feminist ideal gender equality (women = men) has more else become Axiomatic. It is an accepted norm, it is the "world view" as seen in the "Operation Freedom" aka Free Afghani women and Iraqi women of muslim tyrannical rulings. If anybody contests and lives apart from that worldview, then they are literally oblitrated and if lucky to be alive - invaded (physically and psychologically).

Muriidi   

psychology is just a sociological perversion !

like developing some theory 'bout : men just want to use women as a source of power and women are just looking for a man they can be like 'cause they lack any sense of identity .. hell they would even share one man and open a camp for their guru ..

a pshycologist would put it like this :

web page

which means : through pshychology , which is a sociological perversion .. bring it back to politics , which leaves the door open for political pervesions like religion !