Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Body image.

shyhem   

Before........i used to look for sisters with a medium skin complextions,nice azz,big chest,no belly at all,slim and tall not to mention a good sense of humour and good manners.U guess those were the days i was naive.

Now.....big chest is completely eliminated from the picture,ya'll somali woman have none at all and its time i accepted the reality.U can have a belly but it shouldn't look like a pregnant 40 yrs old woman.I might give u more point in simplicty and decency than the overall looks. ;):D

I believe i had unrealistic expectations before..........

LuCkY   

Yes the beauty standards of somaLi peopLe has changed unfortunateLy for the worse.

I dont think that peopLe shouLd put so much emphasizes on the way someone Looks.I mean everybody desires someone that is decent Looking and aLL-thats understandabLe but come on some peopLes expectations are through the roof.

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY SHYHEM:

Before........i used to look for sisters with a medium skin complextions,nice azz,big chest,no belly at all,slim and tall not to mention a good sense of humour and good manners.U guess those were the days i was naive.

Now.....big chest is completely eliminated from the picture,ya'll somali woman have none at all and its time i accepted the reality.U can have a belly but it shouldn't look like a pregnant 40 yrs old woman.I might give u more point in simplicty and decency than the overall looks.

I believe i had unrealistic expectations before..........

And the guys aLways said we demanded too much of them-wow.

Now what exactLy do you consider to be a big chest?

Remember everyone is different and comes in different sizes.

Now this is my kinda topic ;)

Well let me tell you girls and I'ma be honest I'm 140 and 5'6. Now some people tell me "naya lose some weight" others tell me "damn I wish I had them thighs or that *** ". But me I listen to the positive comments. But I know when I go to far I chill and stop eating so much and excercise. I don't have a perfect image but I don't intend to look like a movie star/actress/singer or whatever. I have enough eye watchers for one day and I'm proud of how I look. I'm not concieded. But if someone feels good bout themselves they will obviously be confident.

Now, what I think is a good body image is the same idea as Mizz-Unque. Gotta have some meat but not fat. Gotta be a bit slim but not skinny.

.:peace n luv:.

Xafsa   

Originally posted by Lucky:

What do you think? What do you suppose is an ideaL body?

Me? People have different body types..it all depends on the person's bone structure. A person with large frame can be 140 or above with out being fat....where as some one with a small frame will lookbulky.

but ideally A person should be healthy looking, no extra meat hanging out from the sides or any other place.

Diam. princess hon confidence is everything!!Girl I used to hate my hips and my booty!!! I would work out like a mad woman...but still my booty and hips are in tact!! Now i've learned to appreciate my curves.....and my child bearing hips!! :D

LuCkY   

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY FLYING-STILL:

Diam. princess hon confidence is everything!!Girl I used to hate my hips and my booty!!! I would work out like a mad woman...but still my booty and hips are in tact!! Now i've learned to appreciate my curves.....and my child bearing hips!!

Damn girL...taLk about being a mad woman redface.gif -im the same aLthough i wish i couLd Learn to appreciate it.ITs too much-be hitting the gym aLL the time-damn i cant get rid of it-oh weLL its genetics. :(

Macalin   

FS--we gettin a lil shakki on the weight we have eh>?

I give you props for noticing that the ideal look of the somali has changed tremendously-even the blacks have changed.

This days wallahi ppl are looking for the slim/tall/abs-to-die 4 figure!...i remmember when the 'faras' big boned lady was in fashion!...however the more we watch TV and soaps-the more we change-

^^^my ideal body??---Thick in the right places-whaever that means--hey the ladies say that-ani maa kuu kasaaya?

Athena-lol whats wrong with extra baruur and cadiin?---its called natural kubeerto-have that in mind!..lol

Diam. princess hon confidence is everything!!Girl I used to hate my hips and my booty!!! I would work out like a mad woman...but still my booty and hips are in tact!! Now i've learned to appreciate my curves.....and my child bearing hips!!

Girlfriend learn and love it! Trust me you think men don't like it, but watch when a dozen come to your doorstep. Lol. Like they say "more cushin for the pushing"

.:peace n luv:.

shyhem is correct! man needs something to hold on to! yall know science and can improve chest sizes nowadays, so why not do it! i work with this white 24 old white gal and she did! now she looks hooooooot! word to the xalimoz!lol!

now come on 140 for a single women is lil too big!!lol! whats gonna happen when u get the 1st kid! i prefer to date no more than 130, 34d, >30 waist!!

hey thats what alot of farah's prefer! so plz spent more in gym and east less carbs like bariis and pasto! try alot of salads :eek:

Juxa   

flying still,,,,now this is interesting topic.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we all come different sizes and shapes, ideally, i think a lady should not be too skinny and not too fat. she got to have some curves, some meat, some mmmmm to hold,,,,,need i go on?.

before tall, small weist and big hips were considered to be beauty, chest/breast, was not that important to somalimen, now times have changed, we are the pamela era, men want skinny, tall, flat tommy and big boob, war heedhe iimaanka alaha idiiin sugo. :D

waa rabaa roob aa lagu waayay, normally i do encourage healthy eating,,,,,,,,gym maba aqaan wax la dhaho,,,,,but step out of the bus 2 stops before yr home and walk,,,,,,,run each morning to catch the train, that is my idea of staying fit smile.gif

i think,,,,somali ladies dont look good when they skinny! dont ask me how i know kkkkkk VIVA curves,,,,,hadii kale wearing dirac iska ilow,,,,,unless u willing to sit the whole wedding party at the back sidi tiir la muday.

stay yummy, and dont apologise for yr food

Xafsa   

Originally posted by Lakkad:

FS--we gettin a lil shakki on the weight we have eh>?

loool....that happens about once a month ;) all that water retention and bloating :mad:

Juxaa....macaanto I agree with you somali females don't look good when they're skinny. And no matter what teh guys say...they still want a female with curves. But what I don't understand is where this thing with big chest came from?.....RUDY 34D? Yaa neefta ku celinee adi?!! ;)

RaMpAgE   

now times have changed, we are the pamela era, men want skinny, tall, flat tommy and big boob,

Not really, i would perfer mariah cariah rather then pamela and big boobz anit much of a factore for me :D

anwayz these days womens take their body image very seriously,the main cause of this is hollywood(ie movies,soaps,even commericals), and self consciouness(feeling good about ur self, staying with style etc etc)

anways thats how i see it...

p-e-a-c-e!

somalida gabadhahooda jawaan laisku furay camal eey dhexda iskafa furanyihuun

most of ya u claim u look good than the other races specially da nigro race

Look at this grl

halima.jpg