Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Body image.

LoL @ Gediid..."hope for the best but expect the worst"...good plan!

I don't really know by how much but the Somali body image has definitely changed. Personally, I don't have too many problems with my weight but I don't know how long that will last...They say the older you get, the harder it is to shift the extra pounds. ;)

Bess.   

love my body.....the shape of it....the color of my skin ....love my hair.....what more is there to say...love it...love it...love it.... ;)

Bess.   

i think somali women have some of the worst body images in the whole world.....i mean other women worry about things like am too fat or not curveous enough or wateva.....but i have neva seen ppl so dissatisfied with thier own skins that they felt they had to change thier god given color....i mean we knew them since when andthey were beautiful chocolate colored or even caramel colored women and now they look like they have some kind of skin condition which has stolen thier beautiful color.....in wat world r pink or molted looking ppl attaractive.....and wat is the use of having a light skinned face and arms ...whereas the rest of u is as nature intended....its quite frightening to look at and also hazardous to thier health..... why won't someone help them..... :(

Asc wr wb.

Walaalayaal, I think this topic is very intresting. I agree with besbaaso when she wrote about women bleaching their skin color. I think they must have real issues about their self-image, otherwise, why would a person prefere one different colored body? look@Michael Jackson, if changing Ur skin color had advantages, he would have had them all. Besides, it's like saying to Allah "Ya Allah, I'm not happy with how U ceriated me, so I'll do it better"! SUBXAANALLAAH.

Coming back to the topic, in my opinion, no one is ugly, since beauty is in the eyes of the beholder there is someone who loves the person U see as ugly. Beauty image in societies changes, just look back @the near somali beauty historie; Big hips, SMAll weist etc, and nowadays; the closer to looking like a Hollywood star, the more beautiful U r percived/viewd@.

So, the question is, how much does it matter to U what other people say about the way Allah ceriated U? really! who wants to be judges on only their apearence? Lets say U look like a star and everybody desires U, where do U think that would lead U2? My point being, as long as U r healthy (mentally, physically and spiretually), U shouldn't be caring about how people see U. This body is going somewhere @the end and that is QABRIGA, so, Aboor is going to get this body. Instead U should worry about what U r doing to deserve Allahs'kindness in this world and the hereafter. Work hard to achieve Jannah, instead of working out hard @the GYM.

Macakumsalaama.

Originally posted by besbaaso:

i think somali women have some of the worst body images in the whole world.....i mean other women worry about things like am too fat or not curveous enough or wateva.....but i have neva seen ppl so dissatisfied with thier own skins that they felt they had to change thier god given color....i mean we knew them since when andthey were beautiful chocolate colored or even caramel colored women and now they look like they have some kind of skin condition which has stolen thier beautiful color.....in wat world r pink or molted looking ppl attaractive.....and wat is the use of having a light skinned face and arms ...whereas the rest of u is as nature intended....its quite frightening to look at and also hazardous to thier health..... why won't someone help them.....
:(

Diamante   

"Thick in all the right places"???

I've always laughed at that phrase, isn't that another way of saying I have some extra flab in certain places. I've seen obsese girls saying they're thick in the right places :rolleyes:

Whoever invented that phrase and the other one about the "caramel complexion" should be shot. Pushing all those girls who devotedly use that phrase into a abnormal existence of constant denial, that's a crime unto it itself.

If we're going to be honest here, just say it like it is exactley to the last tee...no need to dress it up, I mean you are saying that you're proud of whatever figure you have right.

Asc wr wb.

Beauty of Women

Did you know that if shop mannequins were real women they'd be too thin to have babies?

There are 3 billion women who don't look like supermodels and only eight who do.

Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14.

If Barbie was a real woman, she'd have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.

The average woman weighs 144 lbs and wears between a 12-14.

One out of every four college aged women has an eating disorder.

The models in the magazines are airbrushed - not perfect!

A psychological study in 1995 found that three minutes spent looking at a fashion magazine caused 70% of women to feel depressed, guilty, and shameful.

Models twenty years ago weighed 8% less than the average woman.Today they weigh 23% less.

Today women are lovers, mothers, and career women. Who else is able to balance such a load, and do it with a smile?

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, The place where love resides. The beauty of a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the care that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman, with passing years - only grows.

*****eykumaslaam.

pearl   

why is body image connected to womens bodies?...

what about them skinny *** , big heads, baldin, beer belly, stinky feeet creatures called MAN

Abdinuur   

Xafsa,

I am all for maintaining a good healthy lifestyle and staying on top of your diet. In my opinion, when you look at our culture, we don't put a lot of emphasis on personal health and diet.

Generally, people just eat and they don't bother or care about what they eat....and mostly it's because they don't know. There is a big lack of awareness...and it's our job to get involve in our communities and bring this awareness, specially those of us in the health field. Thanks.

Maybe someone can eloborate on this and discuss ways to help out.