Sign in to follow this  
Socod_badne

What's the Purpose of Life?

Originally posted by Khayr:

If one believes that
Evolution is True and Creationism False
, then they have left the fold of Religion. SB, has stated his position that Evoluation > Creationism, Creationism=False; along with Johnny.

Fine by me. I left the fold of religion... your religion that is (not that I ever was part of your religion -- ie the earth is flat, secularism is evil, the west is the den of all that is bad etc). Now, would you leave me to my religion? To each his own way!

If one believes that their Opinion is the APEX of INTELLIGENCE and better then what Ulama say, what is in the Quran and Sunnah, then they are a MUSHRIK.

FYI, my opinions and intelligence is better than anything the Ulema says. I don't worship Imaam Bukhari either, so no Sunnah for me. Quran is my only guide. You are right, you and I don't belong to the same religion.

the Ulama are sacred to us
because they are the Inheritors of the prophets.

With all due respect, there are no inheritors of the prophet still living today, so I don't get what you're on about inheritors of the prophets. My praise to you for your honesty. At least you admit you worship man (I view the Ulema sacred). And if I'm not mistaken what you said above is pure SHIRK.

Sayyid   

Subxanallaah, repent to your lord! What you just utter out of your uncontrolled mouth was right on disbelief!

I told you this guy, even doubted that he was ever Somali, finally atleast he has poven it to us!

Alla illaahiyo soo hanuuni, illeyn adiga keligaa ayaa huniiniye ehe!

Originally posted by Amelia:

SB
, you’re a funny guy and sometimes you make good points. However, this consistent belittlement of Muslims is rather suspicious. I mean, no matter what you say you blv in, doubts creep in when one ‘sees differently’ with every topic discussed under Islam. Also, whether ur a Muslim or not is really no-body’s business on this site… these are mere discussions… but it would be good if u gave Islam its due because a lot of norms and values in Islam are considered admirable by non-Muslims… which is something I don’t see you do (I could be wrong as I haven’t read everything u wrote on these boards).

You are right, I'm harsh in my opinions of muslims sometimes. That is not because I got a chip on my shoulder rather it is that I expect the best from fellow muslims. The natural state of things is doing well. There is no excuse for failure (unless its beyond your control). For a student, that would mean getting As and Bs. When the student gets straight As he's praised and rightly so. Alternately when gets Cs and Ds he gets earfull, again rightly so. Same applies to everything else in life. Police officers and soldiers don't get citations for doing just their work -- what is expected -- but for heroic acts that go beyond the call of duty. It is simple common sense.

I also have no problem with a little of bit of suspicion and skepticism. That is good in some ways as it means at least you're thinking, you got your eyes open. Too many people walk through life with their eyes fully shut or half shut. But NOTHING and I mean NOTHING justifies sifting through other's trash cans to gather dubios supposedly incriminating innuendos to smear others. NOTHING! That is not only going beyond the pale but morally reprehensible behaviour. It also means complete surrender of the ability to substantively reason and argue.

Originally posted by Sayyid:

Subxanallaah, repent to your lord! What you just utter out of your uncontrolled mouth was right on disbelief!

I told you this guy, even doubted that he was ever Somali, finally atleast he has poven it to us!

Alla illaahiyo soo hanuuni, illeyn adiga keligaa ayaa huniiniye ehe!

I wanted to be pristinely clear so there can be no misunderstandings.

Take whatever you want from it.

x_quizit   

Whatever happened to each his own? Who are we to say who's muslim or not? Let those who have differing beliefs have their say without the constant "hellbound" rhetoric. Today's worse muslim can be tomorrow's best, so let God judge and easy on the finger pointing. This isn't 3rd grade.

Jacpher   

You keep charging the Culumaa of fallibility as if a muqafal mind can produce infallible ijtihaad based on sound authentic source. The culuma you speak ill of have time and again led the Ummah and shed blood in defending the deen, so next time you choose to cheapen them, think about their accomplishments and while you’re at it, read some of their biography. If I may suggest one, try Sheykhal Islam Ibn Taymiyah.

I think MMA had it right. I’m afraid Amr bil macruuf isn't gonna benefit this nomad as he appears to be gearing up for the belittlement of the Sahaba if we continue to engage him this way.

Laakiin wuxuu i xusuusiyey sadex waxyaalood oo lagu halaagsamo, fa-shuxun mudaac, a hawaa muttabic, wa icjaabul mar’i binafsih. The latter two might be found in you good SB, so take a look at yourself and try to find (off course within your hawaa since you declined the teaching from the culumaa) what Islam says to those rejecting axaadiis and limiting to Quran? That might clear up the confusion about the status of your Islam.

Sayyid   

The best thing to do right now is to ignore him and not engage him in any discussions right now!

Leave him in his darkness, also if any of the brothers is kind and patient enough to do any "dacwah" to this brother, this would be a good opportunity.

We don't know maybe he will repent at the end of your "dacwah", only Allaah the glorified knows.

I've long time refused to engage him into discussion because it became quite apparent for me that he was indeed someone not blessed with a great deal of knowledge regarding Al-islaam!

Simply the moderators and administrators should fulfill anything in their "powers" to silence and censor him because anyone who says that something vile about the righteous people of knowledge and scholors of Islaam is out of the fold of Islam!

There cannot be any bargaining, simply full stop. He said that he is more "knowledegable" than the scholars of this great religion, which is again an insult.

The insults come over and over again and it seems that the administrators sit back without taking any proper action.

I urge them to come out and delete his posts or ban him right away, there cannot be any place for such a guy amongst us, who doesn't respect our religion, scholors, religious books etc. Sahih Al-Bukhari by Sheikh Bukhari is the most authentic books of all books in the whole world after the holy Quran, and we got this ignorant guy, who mocks our sources of knowledge!

It's not the time for you administrators to sit idle without interfering into this thread and punishing the culprits.

Thanks a lot in advance for you right actions, I trust that you'll take any appriopriate measures to stop this vile assault on our religion!

^ I’ve a hard time deciding if ur a complete looney or a misunderstood genius.

SB, I suppose that a fair argument to make. I too get critical of Muslim actions when it irks me. However, pray tell how denigrating some1’s reply specially when it concerns the Almighty, is criticism?

I’m referring to this

quote:

The purpose of life is to worship the lord that created you. That is the purpose of life whether you believe it or not, accept it or not.

How sad!
I think you should reserve ur jolly and sarcasm for the right opportunity.

And no Muslim should have any ‘suspicion’ or ‘skepticism’ regarding the word of Allah or for that matter the purpose of life… it defeats the purpose of belief… wouldn’t u agree?

Naden   

Skepticism is normal, I would think, when you believe in something you do not see with your own eyes, touch with your hand, and so on. I don't think questioning defeats the purpose of religion as we all know that God (a being more supreme than us) created us and we believe his word was delivered through the Quran. Questioning allows us to discern the righteous from the pretentious and when we willingly believe that this is the message of Allah, we are rightly rewarded for it.

And no Muslim should have any ‘suspicion’ or ‘skepticism’ regarding the word of Allah or for that matter the purpose of life… it defeats the purpose of belief… wouldn’t u agree? [/QB]

Given what you just said the skepticism exists before you believe! Once you believe how can you be skeptic?

Originally posted by naden:

Skepticism is normal, I would think, when you believe in something you do not see with your own eyes, touch with your hand, and so on. I don't think questioning defeats the purpose of religion as we all know that God (a being more supreme than us) created us and we believe his word was delivered through the Quran. Questioning allows us to discern the righteous from the pretentious and when
we willingly believe
that this is the message of Allah, we are rightly rewarded for it.

Naden, questioning is one thing. We question to seek an understanding and gain knowledge.

Skepticism on the other hand is contrary to belief. You cant blv in something if you doubt it, can you now? Especially since belief/faith is having confidence in the unseen.

Naden   

I don't equate skepticism with being an agnostic. To me, believing in God is central to my outlook, however, being a Muslim entails more than just a belief in God.

As we grow up, we begin to apply values and beliefs we internalized from parents and teachers and taken for granted. I don't know of many children who haven't wondered about how we came into existence, and when an answer was God, asked (or wondered silently) where God came from.

As adults, we appreciate the wisdom, permanency, and applicability of God's words in the Quran and see those values in a new light since we can reason through them now. Giving zakah is an intellectual exercise to a child but becomes a concrete aspect of generosity to the needy when we are able to give. The Quran teaches you and you apply its wisdom. Of course, some teachings are open to interpretation and must be reasoned through as millenia pass. The basic tenants are the same of submission, prayer, wealth sharing and so on.

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

Given what you just said the skepticism exists very you believe! Once you believe how can you be skeptic?

Naden   

Agreed. Skepticism is not the right word here as it denotes a stable, ongoing state of mind. Questioning is certainly the better word.

Naden
, questioning is one thing. We question to seek an understanding and gain knowledge.

Ducaqabe,

Either the Culema are fallible or not. If fallible then there is no dissonance, me writing what you agree with shouldn't bother you. If infallible then again there should be no dissonance too since you know my stance on the issue. However none of this justifies how this topic has veered off tracks ever since. All thanks to people who are either insecure in their faith or are unable to constructively engage in discussions.

Saayid,

Weren't you the same guy who was calling for blood letting of apocalyptic proportions by forcefully and violently converting nonmuslims. Didn't I and others aske you to clarify what you meant. I succinctly recall you clamoring for war, violence, death and destruction. While on that blood lusting binge you sported the Imaam with sword avatar. Remember? Every time you were asked to explain yourself, you turned tail and ran. In my view nothing I said pales in comparison to the hateful, vile, objectionable material you posted in this site. And you ask for my censorship for what exactly? Remind me again? Asking the question: what is the purpose of life? Saying man is fallibe? Does PKB ring a bell?

Amelia,

Before unhesitatingly reaching for my closest jugular vein, perhaps you should give me the benefit of the doubt! My comment to Kashanare was directed at how he was using the Quran in place of his own words. If you scroll back to to first couple pages, you'll note many people have said the same thing. I didn't pick on any of them because I didn't disagree with that particular Quranic injection. Now, why do you think I reserved 'how sad' comment for Kashanare only? I suggest you read what transpired before I wrote that comment.

My intention was to elicit discussion. If the purpose of life is worshiping Allah, what did that entail? I was seeking IDEAS not Quranic verses posted verbatim! In a discussion board, you discuss, argue, debate. Meaning you exchange ideas and POVs in the hope you'll learn something.