Sign in to follow this  
missy_1

why do men run away from educated sistas?

lol   

Underdog: You sure got some jokes! Especially with your brain surgeon on a nobel prize winning track for the year 2015..... kkkkk that was indeed funny. I am still laughing walaahi. And yes you are right, depends on what you are willing to but not what the other is trying to sell you. So after all its all about marketing skills. Nice to know that....kkkk I am still laughing..

2real   

maaan! see what I mean...(refer to my previous post). I've been reading what B/Beauty and Underdog had to say. And I can't help but think that THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN EDUCATED FOLKS GET TOGETHER......endless discussions, arguments, and quarrels that, almost always, seem to drift of to confusion land. Women can deny the truth all they want but they can't deny their nature. Educated or not, once they get a whiff of their fist baby, they realize that they love this tiny little thang so much that they rather raise the kid themselves(somali women that is) and education falls back to second place on their 'to do list'. Same with men too. Once they see their fist kid born, they realize that their worst nightmare come true is to change smelly diapers so they run out and decide to bring food to the table instead. It's all natural homeys........educated or not.

Kruella   

Seems to me like most boys are trying too hard to undermine the opposite sex without giving credit where it’s due. The Slick Rick wannabes with the Hay Afros should at least have the decency to applaud their counterparts instead of calling on baseless accusations. In this particular case, I was highly offended by the likes of Common and his childish remark about lesbos. The least you could have done is to admit your shortcomings. Maybe you hyperventilate like an old madam when a woman of character is at your presence and you saw it fit to accuse her of sexual perversity. In any case, we can’t equate education with noble character, because many people with higher degrees turn out to be oafs. The best among us are the ones who realize their faults and work on improving them instead of polishing their “intimidation” skills. (As if that will ever get you anywhere). Whichever the case may be, I doubt, the international relation and computer phase II classes can help us become good parents, partners or citizens. To each his own.

salamz

Common   

I seem to be getting a lot of HEAT for my post a while back! Hate me all you want Kruella. But I just got one question for yall self proclaimed educated women, when was the last time you gave a brother with no education a chance? I don't mean just talking to him I mean a real chance like maybe wanting to marry him! I bet you never think about settling down with a man without a University degree and I bet it would take a lot of $$$ for any of you to be with a man without a high school degree. Either way yall women who think your too good for those type of brothers yall are confused, and when a brother with no degree gets shut down once or twice by a girl who thinks a Bachelors degree in Arts makes her so wonderful, he has no choice but to leave and never bother her. That man therefore will always feel intimidated by those types of women. I know so many girls that get excited the second they find out I have a higher education and considering many of the Somali brothers my age don't have degrees, that just puts me on their MOST WANTED list. I don't want to brag but I don't feel I'm better than any man out there, and when a girl is sweating me for the simple fact I have a career and a piece of paper that's just not right. And since a man is supposed to be the provider for the family you can understand why these women are on my case and why some brothers might be little shy on trying to talk to an educated woman. HOLLA!

Kruella   

Let's drop these overblown Clichés Mr Ego. All I got from your post was an unbearable soliloquy of Me this Me that. Sounds like you're trying to sell some overdue Goods, or shall I say expired goods. Brotha, for all I care, you might be a Rocket scientist, and surely I wouldn't be salivating after you like you professed those desperate girls are doing incessantly. Remember you ask for what you can offer. And if you are offering a pitiful piece of paper to those gullible girls , then sir, by all means stuff them down their throat. A truely equal relationship is based on Quid Pro Quo anything less is pathetic.I despise more than anything when humans are reduced to biological determinism where you call on NATURE to decide (extensively) your social role. Man is not the only provider as you might believe, if that was the case, millions of families wouldn't be starving while the men are stroking their inflated stomachs. To wrap things up, good luck with all those girls flocking to you like the paparazzi, i'm sure they're not after that useless degree or the less than desirable looks of yours, but more like that generous heap of sir John A. Macdonal you have under your bed.

salamz

Jujubes   

Common, I wanted to say that for someone who's educated, it's an insult for you to make statements referring to women as lesbians. Come on, you know better (or should know better) than to use a ludicrous cop out as such to explain why women may reject some men. I can see that you're a man who's had higher learning so PLEASE, let your postings be a reflection of that, otherwise you end up attracting the wise and logical not to mention SMART replies of Kruella (your partner in crime sis) and frankly she makes you look bad because she's RIGHT and you make no sense. It's actually interesting for me to read your comments because I swear they remind me of what little boys would say in JUNIOR HIGH when a girl didn't show any interest in them. What I have to say is this. EVERYONE HAS INDIVIDUAL PREFERENCE. I for one truly believe that there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with a man or a WOMAN asking for an equal or someone close to it with regards to education or anything else in that matter. There is NOTHING wrong for asking/requesting for what you have yourself to offer. This is for everyone out there. People do not think of yourselves as superficial, materialistic or picky if EVER you turn down someone because they're not what you want. As far as the men being the bread winner, let's face it, the Bread Winner Concept has definitely doubled in terms of the Somali society, WOMEN too play a MAJOR role in bread winning. Times have changed, times have changed....

Common   

Kruella You just don't understand what I'm trying to say......I even told you I DON'T WANT TO BRAG!! on my previous post, but anyways you continue to diss me, keep hating. Everything I said is 100% true, and for Jujubes where do you come from disrespecting me like that. You don't know me sweetheart!!

Jujubes   

Common, the whole point of this forum is for us to post our opinions and that's precisely what I did. If you can't handle constructive criticism, then I'm convinced this is not the place for you to be posting anything. How do you expect to post comments and not get anything in reply? That completely defeats the whole purpose of creating topics. So until then, learn to AGREE TO DISAGREE and do not take anything personally. It's not disrespect but plain old criticism, learn to distinguish the two. For now, let bigones be bigones. Sorry if you took it as disrespect. NONE INTENDED.

Though I have not been following the debate,and would like to reserve the right to do so sometime in the future, I must admit not only are ladies true shining stars here presenting thier standpoints with civility and maturity, but they are trully the very fibric that binds our families together.

Keep it up ladies.

missy_1   

hi peeps,

this just keeps gettin interestin. but i must agree wit hibo. 2 b honest i was just really curios because most guys (smthin like 90%) i know aint very interested in successful sistas, n blatenly say so. howeva, this forum clearly shows i was a little (smthin like 1%) wrong. ;)

Nazra   

A women with Knowledge can not engage in a decent conversation with a brotha who does not pose the same mentality as her.

(Speaking from experience)

It's amazing how you can make a man feel like a bug with your knowlegde, But then again what men wants feel like a bug by a some women.

She is compeltely destroying his manhood and superity, and therefore she's in control...and no man wants that.

maajo   

MISSY..IS THIS SOME U GONE GUES OR WAT...IT DEPENDS HOW THIS PERSON ATTRACTED U...AND I DO THINK.EDUCATED LADIES ARE MORE INTRESTED THEN OTHERS...THIS IS SURE...TO EVERY POPULATION IN THE WORLD..

shyhem   

Originally posted by missy_1:

hey all,

i have been tryin 2 figure out why somali men find their educucated sistas 'threatning'?

am not sayin they all like dat, but i have been told many times dat the more successful a gal gets the less likely she's 2 b approached by somali men who aint 'lazy gold diggas'.

whatcha all think?

Who said we run away from our educated sistas?We equally love our educated sistaz as much as we love the uneducated sistas.However it sad to say that most of so called "educated sistas" lack simplicity, a key factor that makes a somali woman complete.

An educated sistas search for perfection and sophistication basically leds her to forget the touch and feel of the streets.I mean just take alook at the so called educated sista at u'r local community,epecially at organisations search us the somali community.You will most likely find an average looking a sista with a degree but no somali man in her life.Why is this,well the sista claims to be "picky" which brings us to other side of the equation what about the somali man,is he picky too?

Contrary to popular believe the somali man is picky,infact he is pickier than the average white guy or black guy.The somali man wants an educated sista but thats not what he needs.As as far as somali men are concerned any decent somali woman will serve the purpose,education is just a bonus,not a requirement.

Ofcourse there is the age factor,a somali woman with enough education is most likely to be in her late 20's and as u know by now most somali man have the mentality that when it comes toa woman's age,lower milleage is more economical than higher milleage.I mean it only makes sense if a man goes for a 20 yrs old instead of a 29 yrs old even though the later is the mature and educated one.Its more like using a coupons in a supermarket,u will feel embarrassed but hey u have that option.

The educated somalimen have discovered the coupons long time ago.Remember back in the 60s and 70s we had educated brother but no sista to match his credentials and as search the brother had to settle with uneducated sista and the results wasn't bad at all.How many of u here have come from a family in which the father is educated but the mother is just a house wife with no post high school education.

Next time before u talk about somali men runing away from the educated sista think of the options they have and the options u have.

Originally posted by Shyhem:

An educated sistas search for perfection and sophistication basically leds her to forget the touch and feel of the streets.I mean just take alook at the so called educated sista at u'r local community,epecially at organisations search us the somali community.You will most likely find an average looking a sista with a degree but no somali man in her life.Why is this,well the sista claims to be "picky" which brings us to other side of the equation what about the somali man,is he picky too?

Okai bro. who on earth is not searching for perfection and excuse me but you said "leds her to forget the touch and feel of the streets" why would anyone wann keep in touch with the streets? and please spare the ghetto is hard and real men and women come from ghetto ... last thing whats wrong about being picky?? damn you should be picky only desperate lonley ppl seattle for anything ...

holla!!!!!

ps; you should look forward to marry a educated sista just incase you die who will take care of your children .. isn't it better to have a wife with degree .. then she could work and support YOUR kids?