Sign in to follow this  
missy_1

why do men run away from educated sistas?

underdog   

Benevolent,

whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better, you go right ahead.

By that way, dust off some of those school books, find a dictionary, flip all the way to the back and look up the word VAIN ;)

if ever their existed an ounce of respect for you..homeboy..it just went down da drain...

u say i'm vain...

by signs of ur ignorance are fallin' like rain...

aren't u ashamed...

rewardin' dames for falling for ur lame game..

i reward you by inductin' you to the looserz hall of fame..

take a sec to see what is to blame

for 2 decades of stravation, struggle,

and a country without aim...

itz lack of education.....

Aqoon La'aan Waa iftiin La'aan.....my brother....n' judgin' from ur recent post....ur one shade lighter than a digsi dabadiisa...

~until then~

SCWB...

underdog   

LOL...and she raps too....LOOOOL.

Tell me, how the education you're getting now is benefiting your people?

two decades later our youth ( THAT MEANS YOU) can only respond in "hip-hop"???? ....talk about the blind leading the blind.

you seem to think my ignorance and lack of education burned down the country....what are you doing to build it?

Caveman   

I see this discussion is got every one interested!

I read the entire thread and every reply, and I noticed words like “opinionated” , “achievements” and “well educated and very ambitious”... But why don’t we praise and honor the ladies who are high achieving in the Muslim faith. Why do we consider (man / woman) has reached success due to the worldly achievements of our limited human intelligence.

But, I am curious since we (Muslims) live an era where our faith is Questioned, A time when every Muslim on earth is under suspicious, and under pressure to emulate and imitate the values and teaching of non Muslims. Since, these worldly knowledge’s are temporary, why not we admire ladies that are ambitious in Islam and not the once that value degree’s that were instituted by other humans to measure one’s success.

To me no degree from Harvard can’t equate, the depth of knowledge that Somali sister who practices with Imam in her faith. Think about the difference she’ll make in your life and the life of your family and the value system she’ll install them.

@Barwaaqo commented higher degree being "Piece of paper" used as a tool. Couldn’t agree more, the concept of getting a College Degree is no difference then driving better Car, after all Car is a tool.

I rather have sister who has the wisdom & knowledge in Islam intimidate me then sister who is got degree papers hanging on her walls.

Salaam!

I think most ppl missed the fact that...just becuz one has a college degree..it doesn't mean their not equally educated in other important aspects of ones life (i.e Religion)...just like we don't want someone who has a Ph.D in any given field but ignorant of household duties and aspects concerning domestic life...we also don't want some who can make da best shaah and cook da best bariis but is unable to cook up a formula for finding x and y...

I think it all depends on the preference of individual(s)...some like those who compliment their lifestyles (would rather marry high school graduate than female that holds a Ph.D becuz her lifestyle compliments his) and some like those who are similar to themselves (Ph.D holder and another Ph.D holder..)... Overall, given previous discussion including this one, its suffice to say that it all depends...

and as for u Underdog...(wat a fit)...wat i posted previously was not RAP..as u put it...but rather a poetic expression...a tool used by creative minds to express themselves...but...i guess i can't expect you to understand...afterall...ur da gentlemen who is lobbyin' for sister like me to fail Calc class so i can make a better wife for u...Don't Count ON it....(selfish..sobberin'..sunnafa..)

~until then~

SCWB

Blessed   

hehehehehehhehehehe!

Call me sad or what have you. but I am actually loving the exchange in this thread! Nomads make me laugh :D:D:D Bless ;)

Originally posted by Benevolent_Beauty:

if ever their existed an ounce of respect for you..homeboy..it just went down da drain...

u say i'm vain...

by signs of ur ignorance are fallin' like rain...

aren't u ashamed...

rewardin' dames for falling for ur lame game..

i reward you by inductin' you to the looserz hall of fame..

take a sec to see what is to blame

for 2 decades of stravation, struggle,

and a country without aim...

itz lack of education.....

Aqoon La'aan Waa iftiin La'aan.....my brother....n' judgin' from ur recent post....ur one shade lighter than a digsi dabadiisa...

loooooooooooooool U go girl ;):D

don't mind underdog though, he's just a jokah :rolleyes:

Miriam1   

Are men scared of educated women...as to every argument there are cleary two sides.

A man who is confident of his worth and knows what he wants in this world will not fear an educated woman.

And

A woman who has high self-esteem will naturally not use her education and that peice of paper to elevate her self worth.

The men out there who fear women with an education, do so due to their high ego's, no man who is like that would want his wife to be smarter than him, he inessence would want to dominate her..therefore looking for a wifey with a degree would be an act of lunacy for them. They would probably go for a woman that was brought up in somalia, with no particular education.Her dependance on him would make feel worthy and powerful.

That's my two cents

Oh Beauty nicely said ;)

Peace smile.gif

underdog   

Now Now, Benevolent....how you do in the calculus class is important to me...I wish you success..I really do. We will need all the educated women we can get.

Since, you're no stranger to reaserch, look this up for me. World population has been steady increasing in favour of women...what is it at now? 3:1 in favour of women? and it's still climbing.

Don't get me wrong, I wish you all the success in the world. Doctors, teachers, world leaders and the whole lot good luck with that. Choose wisely between family and career, cause theres never enough time for both.

Again this bring me back to my intial point. I don't want to stand in the way of your ambition. but I'm willing to have my kids raised by a nanny while mommy conquers the world.

"poetic expression"???? as you can obviouly tell I'm not the "artsy" kind

so whoah whoah...wait a min...that little fact or fiction watever it was about being one man for every three women...is that..u couldn't be...are u suggesting that we jump at the opportunity of developing a relationship wit a guy becuz therez not gonna be ENUFF of you...looooooooooool...To say the very least my brother...i DISAGREE with you...

i'd like to make more useful input but becuz of my finalz..i'm unable to do so...

~until my finalz end~

SCWB

p.s i'd like to thank the individual who raised this question...

nelstar   

at the end of the day i think your 'smartness' depends on what opportunities life brought your way and how you tackled them.

there's nothin special about goin to uni, its somethin u do for yourself, but it doesn't automatically make u smart, it just means you were one of the lucky ones.

Macalin   

B/Beaty...am sorry but The Underdog has a good POINT!

Unless U wanna be a GUMEES(i know Yo mama will shriek-over that)...I beleive u better off with a TAXI Riding-Cofee-Spilling-Qabiil-Talking CALi aka FAARAX!(Lol)-or U have the option of going outside FAARAXNIMO...besides what is education?-i have seen many sisters/brothers with education who cannot deal with a lilttle BOY!

But he is right...all the good MEN will be gone by the time U done with professor Calcalus Bin be-spectacled JOHN!

Good luck with Ur FINALS!

how can i phrase this in the most fashionable way....

Education & Social Life....many think itz one or the other...you could be a good student and have a social life...no one said it was one or the other...granted itz not going to be eazy...but if one finds that person who has similar goals (goin' to college) similar interests (no partyin' at the University, Weekends are study time)...then no need for one to be a GUMEES (this label just kills me ..but this is for another discussion) and no need to have a 40-yr-old-Ph.D holdin'-childless-wifeyless-man regretin' why he didn't marry that pea-halimo he met at the Riwaayad...

Simple as that ppl...

~until then~

SCWB

JASMIINE   

The topic asked "why do men run away from educated sistas"

i think coz they think an educated sista will not be a good housewife. after all someone cannot have a demanding career and be the perfect wife. they fail to compromise, they want full-time wife and that's probably not gonna be benefial to them in the long run. For example, if he gets sick or loses his job uneducated wifey will not bring home a check. Get my drift? but then again men always want have it their way :confused:

underdog   

Like I said, Beauty, do the research. It's kinda ammusing that you would find humour in that remark. But I see you love the challenge and I know you'll look up the sex demographics. I didn't say you better find one before they're all gone.

All I'm saying is: Based on the available data the majority of the world population is currently female....especially in the "important" age group, (which is 15-35.....I could be wrong on that...I'm awaiting your correction).

So, if you want to prove that you can rise to your full potential and do what any man can do, I wish you the best.

If you want to compare brain-pans with me, thats cool too - but don't get it twisted, I play head-games to win and I welcome the challenge.

As far as proving anything to anyone, beside "blessing" yourself with that online nick-name, you don't sound that shallow.

So good luck on your final