Sign in to follow this  
missy_1

why do men run away from educated sistas?

zynab   

just cause a sister is educated she is arrogant all of sudden .How many of you say that about brothers who are educated. brothers please if your are scared of a sister who can read and interpert the newspaper at the same time , i think you got something coming your way.

wow! what a sensitive subject! well, i say there could be some truth to this matter, however, everyone must seek their niche zone. i say why not

find ppl u feel comfortable with and orbit that zone. heck we all now u cant plz right! me, i am comfy with 1-to-1...type of situation.

Senora   

Originally posted by Lakkad:

Asalam aleykum

The problem here is not education,-but rather Knowledge.

Of all the edumacated sisters i have met, most of them do not want to talk to non edumacted brothers,like Ameenah said, they have one degree and they feel they have reached the top of Everest.

Plus,Anyman who is intimidated by a sister who is educated MUST be crazzy

UnderDog, I like Ur Analysis.

thats exactly what i was going to say...its basically your personality and the chemistry both ( the man and woman) share. I had this friend who got out of a relationship with this girl. I have to admit she was smart, but she was trully arrogant, and thats what turned him off, not her intelligence! i also heard of another situation where this guy and girl broke up because of different interest... she spent much of her time reading books on politics and watching broadcasts on television that covered poltics. In the end they just realized that they had different interest and concerns... so i dont believe a high level of inteligence is the motive for guys not wanting to approach women or end a relationship... some of those reasons are actually what underdog mentioned above...and there are a few more ( like what ameenah mentioned)

Waaq   

I would love to meet an educated Somali sister, but there aren't many in my neck of the woods. I don't want no 'yes' woman!

Peace

missy_1   

hi guys,

am quite suprised that so many ppl told the truth. to b honest i was expectin the guys 2 b on the defensive side.

howeva, lakad, bro the reason why sum gals wouldnt consider uneducated men is cuz of society. sorry 2 say but an uneducated man would neva help u realise ur ambitions and make u feel u have 2 keep ur achievements 2 urself so that u dont show him up. am late 4 class rite now, but i will cum bck 2 this topic

LadyMo   

I believe men are threatened by womens steady success in practically all walks of life even areas previously seen as 'mens only'.

I also believe this go waaaay back even when Pharaoh (Fircaun) was around which is apparently one of the reasons why circumcision (mutilation-style) came into being. This was because men was threaten by ladies ability to enjoy themselves and their talent to seduce men.

Another example is dat of almost every tradition where women were not adviced to study past a certain age and even to de extend dat girls used to be marked down by at least 10% on their 11+ exams because a higher percentage of girls passed these exams & since they wanted an even number of boys and girls enterin higher educational institutions they thought this was de best thing to do another theory is dat girls matured faster than boys around dat age!

Women who work & even 2day, dont get as much money as men do although the difference is significantly lower its still present. Now a days women are more career minded and less women actually hav children, less women get married and therefore we pose a great danger to men because in other words -- they are no longer Needed! --

So an educated women is more likely to be hardworkin or earnin herself a good wage, more and more women live in their own homes or hav their name on de contract so a man may ask himself wats my job now?? To aid in producing kids and I guess dats about it ;)

This is a serious role change & I guess its just another sign dat Judgement Day aint too far fetched after all.

lol   

I personally don't agree with the notion " Men ran away from educated Sisters", rather I believe that its woman's own attitude that puts guys off. Many women come too strong on guys or are busy trying to prove to the guy that they run the show alternatively overwhelming the guy with dominance. I believe men and women are assigned different roles in life and if for some reason there is switch in the roles than conflict is bound to happen.

Many nomad brothers look for educated sisters, like Baashi said, " Educated sister makes great mother and hell of a wife". I strongly believe that thought. So sisters before you ran off blaming the brothers for intimidation do a little self-analysis and see what is wrong with your approach or attitude. Majority of the time it is the woman's fault. Sisters with more knowledge do intimidate some guys however. And I lay the blame completely on his lack of confidence in himself and his raganimo.

Education simplifies the person not complicate him/her. And actually the arrogance it raises in some girls can actually be found in some guys too. My guess is, it goes both ways. I have seen brothers that got associate degree yet thinking they rule the world.

So sisters cut some slack the brothers and once u see a brother that is hesitant to approach u, make it easy on him and approach him urself or just smile so that it eases the tension.

And of course this is my two cents....

underdog   

I hear a lot of "opinions" on this topic. You know what they say " Opinions are like a$$holes, everyones got one and they all stink"

1stly let me say this, education is relative to your location and your needs. If you are in baadiye, the educated woman is not the astro-physicist but the woman who can milk animals, fix fences and plant crops with a baby strapped on her back...for those of us who can't "read and Interpret" the newspaper @ the same time, that means for that location, those are the skills need for you to be "useful".

Fastforward to the land and times of high-speed internet, bra-burning feminists and distance learning degrees/diplomas. Where most of our women have been told and convinced that they were living in oppression and abuse (you would think they weren't physically there to know for themselves - but thats a different "beef" for a different time :mad: ).

So anyway, going by the general rule that one does not shop for items he/she does not need, we find some well educated and very ambitious Somali sisters who could probably program a geosynchronous earth orbit for the space shuttle. Great!!! Congratulations!!!....but I need a wife. I need someone who'll raise the next generation of Underpups (you like that, huh :D )....(are you reading and interpreting this at the same time Zynab?)

So when you tell me you're a brain surgeon on track for a nobel prize in 2015, and I say "good luck with that" and leave, please try and understand you didn't "intimidate" me, I just not shopping for what you're selling.

P.S. only "intelligent" "educated" replies will be entertained.

Rokko   

It's totally the otherway...and we,(men) go after those onez, the educated. But then dependz who you consider an educated women uknow...

there's two kinda educationz...one you born with, which comez naturally.. and then there's the one you have be taught...So in my opponion, we go after those who's got both.

LoL! Looks like a lil bee got into underdog's pants! :D

Education is merely an instrument, a tool for dealing with life, a means to an end (getting a well-paid job...etc), and not the 'end' itself. In the same manner, a degree is just a piece of paper. Like Shaqsii said "Education is supposed to enhance what you already got which is natural smartness. Some people are born with that and some have to be taught. Any kind of degree cant guaranttee that you are cool or smarter than one who hasnt been there yet. Infact the brother or sister who never got that chance could be far smarter but somehow circumstances didnt allow them to get there".

So, anybody who believes (male or female) that they're something grand just because they have a degree or a similar qualification, must have already suffered from delusions of grandeur. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by 2real:

okay I'll admit. I rather marry an uneducated sister. Simply coz opposites attract...I'm educated so i like uneducated women. simple? For some reason I find the conversations with uneducated girls to be more "human" and "sweet". I deal with educated people all the time at work and what not so, when I come home I would like to chill with my uneducated wifey and whisper sweet-nothings all night long....but dat's just me. :rolleyes:

LOL... comedy right there

Common   

Educated women, they feel their too good for men. Thats why they don't get any, sexually frustrated and mad! thats when they turn lesbian. PEACE OUT!

Originally posted by Common:

Educated women, they feel their too good for men. Thats why they don't get any, sexually frustrated and mad! thats when they turn lesbian. PEACE OUT!

i hope that u didn't mean it by saying lesbians...come on man...that's doesn't not refer to any muslim women....don't forget that we all muslims and u don't do that...beside if u don't got an educated women in ur life... u don't have to hate like that, see it's ur problem for not admit it , and that u are insecure about urself aight...so don't u ever say that us educated women become lesbian cuz we think they too good for u guys aight....end of story.

first of all...i think itz sad and unfortunate that our men are, in a sense, wanting us to fail...Furthermore, i feel that this hostility toward educated women arises from the male dominance ideology..in other words, if you take the fact that our men are known to be high on this male dominance ideology, the tendency to feel that men should be in charge..and a picky educated woman, who knows what she wants and isn't willing to compromise for anything other than what she desires....one then has a prescription for conflict...simple as that...we're threatnin' their territory... ;) ....

~until then~

SCWB...

p.s. the argument above is one based on empirical evidence (Cose, Envy of the World , pp. 128-132) rather than flaky street generalizations....