Sign in to follow this  
missy_1

why do men run away from educated sistas?

missy_1   

hey all,

i have been tryin 2 figure out why somali men find their educucated sistas 'threatning'?

am not sayin they all like dat, but i have been told many times dat the more successful a gal gets the less likely she's 2 b approached by somali men who aint 'lazy gold diggas'.

whatcha all think?

first of all, its not only “Somali men” its 75% of males, I don’t believe most man want a woman that is smarter, makes more money or constant nags about everything lets be honesty ppl. nowadays we have guys who are gold diggers, they’re looking girls who have money, if its working or getting support from the Gove, so they can get high those leaves every night for a money they didn’t earn. a real man supports his family in any way there is, the woman is the brain in the house but when it comes to public man got feel he is the one who is wearing the “Pans” in the family. its dignity, honor, the greatness that a man has to feel, after all its woman job to be decorum in the present of her man,so missy you got act dumb when a man appraoches you, lol just kidding:)

Blessed   

Originally posted by missy_1:

less likely she's 2 b approached by somali men who aint 'lazy gold diggas'.

whatcha all think?

^^^ Thats properly one of the reasons. I don't mean to hate on sisters but some girls get a little degree and they go on like they are PHD holders. It is all about the attitude, if you go on stush cos U got a little education .. no one will approach ya but the farax's that would approach anything in a skirt :rolleyes:

Another one is that some brothers may feel a little threatened by a girl with some brains and the ability to make her own money.. hence, less likely to depend on him ....... and stuff!

2real   

okay I'll admit. I rather marry an uneducated sister. Simply coz opposites attract...I'm educated so i like uneducated women. simple? For some reason I find the conversations with uneducated girls to be more "human" and "sweet". I deal with educated people all the time at work and what not so, when I come home I would like to chill with my uneducated wifey and whisper sweet-nothings all night long....but dat's just me. :rolleyes:

I totally agree with Ameena there. Education is supposed to enhance what you already got which is natural smartness. Some people are born with that and some have to be taught. Any kind of degree cant guaranttee that you are cool or smarter than one who hasnt been there yet. Infact the brother or sister who never got that chance could be far smarter but somehow circumstances didnt allow them to get there.

I found out that little education could be dangerous to some. Some people never get to the stage where they know stuff... rather they get half baked and you know what happens to half baked food (tastes horrible). Any educated successful sisters can be approached as long as she is open minded and doesnt belittle or thinks shes smarter than everyone who approaches her.

underdog   

That has to be the Lamest defense statement ever made....."...he's intimidated by my intelligence and independance"

why not use some of that education to deduce some facts....

- Maybe he's not interested because your so called education is the only thing you have going.

- Maybe you don't look good enough

- Maybe you're trying to display your intelligence so much that it comes off a FAKE.

Lets not generalize, people.

Baashi   

Quite opposite. Every nomad is looking for a brainy chick. They make good mothers and hell of wife. Your chance to get by and succeed would increase two fold if you can get one. There are nomad ladies who find prospect of finding 'marriage material' very frustrating. That is very understandable given the hectic schedules we all have. Believe me no nomad I know would pass up a brainy queen. Educated with attitude...arrogance is what scares the sh*t out of them.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Underdog

- Maybe you're trying to display your intelligence so much that it comes off a FAKE.

Honestly, for me I can relate to any girl whatever her background, that is, so long as she is not fake-headed. I detest fake-sters with passion, and I believe it is this fake-ness that complicate things.

Lets choose people for who they really are, not for what they've achieved or not.

N.O.R.F   

"It is all about the attitude, if you go on STUSH cos U got a little education" looooolz! with ya London twang!

Educated or not, if she/he is the one then thats all u need to worry about, if yr gettin on like a house on fire then obviously u have suttin in common ie u have the same interests and can communicate and talk about everything. Thus meaning yr both DUMB , LOL

Macalin   

Asalam aleykum

The problem here is not education,-but rather Knowledge.

Of all the edumacated sisters i have met, most of them do not want to talk to non edumacted brothers,like Ameenah said, they have one degree and they feel they have reached the top of Everest.

Plus,Anyman who is intimidated by a sister who is educated MUST be crazzy

UnderDog, I like Ur Analysis.

Shaqsee-Sxb When u see a Arrogant PPl,Do me a Favor and Pass em over to me i do have special powers to silence em..lol

The problem is because men have always been condition to belive that they are the bread winners. Its something that has and is changing because of lifestyle that can be achieved if both couples have a degree in some field that enables them to better their living. I would prefer an educated female who can depend on themselves.

How do you define an educated sista? such a loose terminology dee. For me the educated sista is not one that is shamelessly looking for the next cheap macangag faarah, on a nonsensical dating frenzy. Rather the educated one is ladylike in public and a freak in private quaters with her husband :D;)

MUJAHID OVER AND OUT !