Sign in to follow this  
UK_ROSE

The Village Restaurant- GREAT PLACE

Jamster   

This is my local mate; love it. I have been going there for the past year-- you see I am not up stairs wise related to the guys who hang out there (being reer waamo and t hat) so this sharing of food never happens to me.

Walahi, i went there last night (5:30) had meet and canjeero; it was delicious; mouthwateringly so.

PS: full of goofy teeth people though.

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Northerner:

What happened to Blue Ocean in North London? That was my pit stop afterwork nearly everyday for a while.

Is that the one on Whitmore Road which is parallel to Green Lane? If it is, then it is closed. It has exchanged hands many times.

The bloke who owns the Village first opened Blue Ocean in North London. Chefs are normally temperemental, so he had a disagreement with his partners. He then opened another Ocean restaurant at Shepherd Bush. This is still open but sad to say the chef once again has departed from the partnership. He set up another restaurant called Ocean once again in Shepherds Bush, but this was only 5 minutes away from his old joints. His previous partners threatened to sue him for the close proximity of the new restaurant. The chef shut shop and now he is the proud sole owner of the much over-rated, over-hyped, over-priced The Village in Hammersmith.

At the begining the food was top at reasonable price. But now it is the dumps. The last 2 times i went, i was served SOOR which i havent asked for but the chef personally came over to recommend it. First time, it was good, second time, not so.