Sign in to follow this  
UK_ROSE

The Village Restaurant- GREAT PLACE

RedSea   

^lol@rose, you quit a masjid just because a girl siad 'hi' to you.

Remember, dont' mind somalis, if you didn't grow among them,then you have alot to learn.

However, don't take it as anything else,recently I have been encountering some many people who seem to make themselves an outsider or maybe they feel superior to their own race.Which is the thing that annoys me the most.But your case is understandible.

As for the restaurant, I thought London was huge city,how come every bloody(lol) nomad knows the place?

UK_ROSE   

^ the point is that some are not very socialm I am a very social chatty person and found it hard to break that barrier. There is a healthy mixture at my new mosque and have been introduced to some somali sisters smile.gif

London is not a small place but many people know about this place coz it was advertised on UNIVERSAL T.V which all somali homes in London are tuned to. besided i've not heard of any decent somali reataurant except gor blue Ocean, which I am due to visit in 2 weeks time inshallah smile.gif

Laba-X   

The Village Restaurant - too clasutrophobic.

Blue Ocean - Too many faarax starring at you as soon as you walk through the door. The food is average and too costly!

There was one restaurant in Wembley i visited a few years ago before the area was demolished. I think that was the best restaurant in London. The best food so far no other restaurant can quite contend!

Shakti   

Originally posted by UK_ROSE:

Salaam guys and girls... thanks for all your comments but can I please say something?

2- Mujaahid: Red Sea------ I AM VERY VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM PURE SOMALI, but it just happens to be that I wasn't born there, don't have much contact except with family. Somali's seem to just stick to each other and not welcome anyone who they don't know.

Example, I have been going to a Somali mosque for the past 8-9 months, not very often but bqz I know my stuff I used to just go to the teacher and recite my soorah's.. Not once that one Somali girl came up to me and said "Hi" in fact they just look at you from the corner of their eyes!!! I left that mosque now, and am another one where everyone is cool!!

W'dumtum ..

How dare they.. how dare these ppl discriminate u ..maybe u don’t have enough oil in ur face when approaching them :D well if u wanna get 2 know any somali girls.. have some biiris from this village restaurant with ya n I guarantee u that they’ll put ur name in the vip list… :D

I tell ya, any xalimo that has my next meal … she is not only my new best friend but she the next wify 2 one of my brothers..

ps... a note 2 the brothers of this site, im running low on brothers so plz do submit ur basic info with me Asp thanks smile.gif

Cabdow   

Hablaha soomaliyeed need to take a break from food, hadii kale cunaqabateen baa ku waajibtay :D ...Ever wondered why farax's are so caato, while xalimos are bararooying from left to right :confused: cajiib wa nus waaye :D

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

^ Kaalay, habla Somaaliyeed ma cunaqabatayn bey ku jiraan? Maxaa cuntada loogu diidayaa? Gardaro badanaa inanku.

Val

hayee! hablaha somliyeed cuna qabtayn kuma jiraane, ee with all due respect, the Body Mass Index(BMI) of Somali women is worrying every respectable Somali male.

People forget our old traditional must-slim parts of the body places before Gymnasium, and leisure centres are invented ;)

Saddex haw dhubnaato inaantu:

luqunta, dhexda, iyo gacmaha, Epitome of beauty of Somali women, in the good old days.

Originally posted by sheherazade:

wax na loo diidin ma hadhin. Yaahuu!

Goosh Beela guba(Sheh) ayaa so noqotay, Yaahuu ku laha iscun, oo is calaasho :D

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by BloomDeyr:

The best Somali restruant has to be Tayo in Whitechapel-- no pretensions just delectable food!!

Now thats what i'm talking about! A Sat pm meal just before a game of footy :cool:

TP, were you the one who always insisted on changing the TV channel to Al Jazeera Arabic only to then then ask for a translation? :D

Jamster   

Norf; the menu has been changed; now the food is really tasty man. I was there yesterday and the xagal of hilib was had. Nice baryani rice too.

No pretensions just delectable food!!.