Sign in to follow this  
UK_ROSE

The Village Restaurant- GREAT PLACE

UK_ROSE   

Salaam all,

Hope you are all having, or have had a good day.

Just would like to share with you my 1st experience of going to a Somali Restaurant. My and my friend decided to try something new! A Somali restaurant, after all we've all tried Chinese, Vietnamese, mediteranian, etc.

So, we went to “The Village”, and what a journey we’ve had from N1 to shepherds bush to Hammersmith! Alhamdlilah, Somali people are so helpful the bus driver kindly opened the door for just meters away from the door.

It was surprisingly quite, with all the adverts on Universal T.V I thought it will be packed with people but we were the 2nd customers. They made us sit right at the far corner as we were both dressed in our cabayh's they must have thought there are those women that like to hide when eating!!

The Service was excellent and the food was very tasty, staff very friendly.

ONE THING THOUGH, THW WORST THING EVER, the ladies toilet don't shut properly and the MIRROR ON THE TOILET DOOR OH MY GOD. What is it doing there?? not sure if the men's toilet has a mirror too, though I doubt it very much.

Am not going into the details, but all the women who've been there or will go there please of you have the guts to tell them to remove it or crop it otherwise you'll feel like you want to vomit all you ate. You'll know what am talking about if you've used their toilets, and what’s with cagada canaha, can't they afford to put a hooz?

Any way, just thought I'd share my experience with you guys!

Faheema.   

Miyaad caayeysaa mise waad amaanaysaa?

So you liked the food, service was great and you had friendly staff, getting all three right is a great accomplishment. If you had concerns about their toilet why didn't you just have a word with the owner instead of ka qaylyeysid xagan?

Mida kale waxaas oo kali wax public lagaga sheekeeyo ma aha.

Shakti   

great review.. thanks girl

oh yeah... did u ask around why It was so empty? I don’t know about ulot but when a restaurant is empty that’s a good indicator 2 run 4 ur life~ especially a somaliyan one...

RedSea   

Adigu miyaanad Somali ahayn abti? mise waxad tahay dadka ka faana dadkooda?

you have tried everthing including Vietnamese,but until today you havent' tried Somali.I can only hear one excuse right now,which is that you aint a somali.

tanks u feraar marcho.

Baddacase, Soomaali saas camal aa jirto. Maqaayado shisheeye wax ka cuno, timajare shisheeye ka jarto, tukaamo shisheeye hilib xalaal ka gato kan Soomaaliga ku dhegan la rabin.

Horta xaaraantii mala ilooway, siiba maqaayado indhayar. Xaaraan ka sakoow, maba haweysteen maqaayadahooda.

Our sister should come to Koronto and experience a classic, unforgetable dinner night at Xamdi, a computerized maqaayad, including their washrooms, five-star iga dheh. :D

Zafir   

Our sister should come to Koronto and experience a classic, unforgetable dinner night at Xamdi, a computerized maqaayad,
including their washrooms, five-star iga dheh.

Come again :D

Som@li   

it is possible that this girl lives far away from SOmali restuarents.

Anyway, Nice review, and one of the first review one can rate a restuarent is the washrooms, toilets. I have to leave one somali restuarent the other day, cuz when tried to wash my hands, the scene was horrible. But here in UAE , we have a great somali restuarents.

RedSea   

MMA, heck with the Musqul, laakin waxa kale ayaa in qanciyey abti.

Koronto daaye, Minneapolis,MN ma timid wali? tirida ayey ka badan yihiin,meeshii aad marto way ku yaaliin.

My bariis and basto are always within reach.

Lately, I have been going to Eritrean restuarant(Muslim owned offcourse) just to poke fun of Melez,you can't imagine how much they hate that him.

UK_ROSE   

Salaam guys and girls... thanks for all your comments but can I please say something?

1- If I didn't like the restaurant I wouldn't recommend it to people and I would advice everyone to say away and spend their money elsewhere.

2- Mujaahid: Red Sea------ I AM VERY VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM PURE SOMALI, but it just happens to be that I wasn't born there, don't have much contact except with family. Somali's seem to just stick to each other and not welcome anyone who they don't know.

Example, I have been going to a Somali mosque for the past 8-9 months, not very often but bqz I know my stuff I used to just go to the teacher and recite my soorah's.. Not once that one Somali girl came up to me and said "Hi" in fact they just look at you from the corner of their eyes!!! I left that mosque now, and am another one where everyone is cool!!

3- I look us an hour and something to get there and we asked a lady on a bus, another bus driver who was kind enough to stop outside the restaurant.

4- Toilets are important of course. Decor and presentation are essential.. After all you are not paying only for the meal.

5- Its alright for you guys to question why we've not been to Somali restaurants, but can I just ask you something? Where are the Somali restaurants?? the one, only 1 local to me is a maqayad that is full of men... I wouldn't dare walk outside it let alone go and order food...

Before we blame each other for daadkena aan ka fano, we have to question our selves, are we doing enough to stay as one strong united community, like others???

W'dumtum ..

-Lily-   

I went there with some friends recently, it was nice, I have no complaints. The toilet was a bit odd, it's unisex right? :D

The food isnt upto rank with the Blue Ocean restuarant in S'bush but atleast there is enought space to breathe and talk to the people at your table without being interrupted by the next table!

UK_ROSE   

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

I went there with some friends recently, it was nice, I have no complaints. The toilet was a bit odd, it's unisex right?
:D

No, there is a funny pic of a Red Indian Woman, on the Female Cubicle but it’s a shared sink.

Too much detail?? Sorry thought I’d warn you guys..