Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

So how was your weekend?

STOIC   

This is how my Saturday went,

We went to inaakarbaash restaurant. He smiled affably at my friend while excluding me completely from the attention. He didn’t want to remove the khat from the fridge until he completely scrutinized his surroundings to his satisfaction. I wondered whether he was more worried about going to jail or losing all the money to Uncle Sam. My friend asked inakarbash to make sure he gave him the best of all. My friend blurted out impulsively, “Get the wet one, can’t you?” I asked my friend in a friendly tone, “Why are you yelling?” He swored that, he never liked inakarbash attitude and monopoly of the khat business. He said to me “ You wouldn’t understand how I’d have done better than he does in this business”. Inakarbash knows that everyone wants to be like him.He knows that in this business you can’t have a warm heart and expect to make a profit when everyone will show up with a sickened pleading look. He knew the weakness of his customers and it was one with no remedy, but a harsh attitude. Inasmuch as Inakarbash knew this was a privilege, he knew that his days were numbered. He didn’t cared about the quality of the service he rendered his customers. He stressed the fact that he was doing them a favor taking the risk of supplying them fresh khat everyday directly from mount Meru. My friend insisted on that money without brain is very dangerous, but I thought inakarbash was a smart fellow contrary to my friend dislike of him. We bought two Marduf and left Inakarbash with hundred dollars of our hard earned money! I thought of the age-old complaint of the human race that the just and the righteous suffer while the wicked prosper.

We arrived at our place of chewing where we met good natured folks. Everyone was outfoxing each other about issues of politics excluding Somali politics as no one in there knew anything about Somali politics. There was no politics of the usual Somali conquest of Ethiopia back in the days. You could feel the stream of noise coming from all the corners of the room. No one was sinking into the sluggishly worldly regret. They seemed to be having easier time in chewing the leaf without making any wheezing sound (like I did). I tried several times to pin together my lips as others were doing, but my mastication force over ruled my instinct.

I responded to all the conversations and the debates in a dotingly carelessly way. I didn’t care if I was potent or articulate. Everyone was rejoicing in a merry praise. I have never been these elated. Some in the crowd were sensible and once in awhile they will gaze curiously at the newcomer (that was me). In return I will wave gloriously at them. After few minutes passed I wasn’t the shy guy anymore. No one could believe how I unlocked my mouth. I was partaking on the stories about women anatomy. Some pictures that I could never conjure in real life were beaming on my head. Oh boy every one kept each other busy with the stories of their romantic nostalgia. A mind dominated by sensual emotions, becomes a favorable abode for the state of my sitting. I was the happiest guy you could meet at the moment. I learned impartial knowledge about political and religious leaders of the past. I could sense that there was no braggart when they were telling their stories even though some of the facts of the stories were completely untrue. I was fully formed person, but uncompleted fellow with no facts in hand as my marqan was up there with the rest of them. Everyone had a dream of riches and fame, but who can blame them? I had to laugh along with them in every story as I was no better than them.

I’m not a philosophical kind of guy and my knowledge in this field is limited to one class I took in my undergraduate studies but I bet you Plato or Socrates had some sort of green leaf when they were pondering on issues of knowledge and belief. Think about it, how did this Plato guy come to the conclusion that perception by the senses of the object in the visible world can never give us true knowledge (unless he was on high on some kind of a leaf). I sure had true opinion of many things last night. I was just seeing the world as a mere shadow or dream or fantasy. Many ideas last night was invented by my imagination faculty.

I’m a bit pasty this morning. My body particularly my legs are heavy and unmanageable. I tried to drink a lot of Gatorade. I look faded. I could feel all the rigid cramp on my stomach, but I’d love to try it again one more weekend of Khat chewing session.

PS Excuse any run-in sentense.

Stoic,

How could you sxb! i didnt think you were the type to indulge in a khat marathon. :eek:

$100 for a bundle? thats just pathetic! next time i'll fedex you a few bundles!

STOIC   

We who stand on the side-line miss a great opportunity.I tell you, the reward is worth the effort. Give it a shot, Marx. As a valorous opportunist I couldn’t pass off the opportunity of trying the golden leaf. I’m not attempting to present Pro and Cons of this golden leaf, but I think unless you abuse it it’s harmless. I had the happy privilege of testing this leaf for the first time (and believe it or not I’m now in my late twenties) and I can attest to you that it’s just an outlet for expressing keenness of imagination and will-power :D

N.O.R.F   

^^Eat some spicy food saxib and drink plenty of WATER. You're ok to eat as normal after that.

So I've been told,,,,,,,,,

STOIC   

^^^If you ask for majin I suspect he will send you to the nearest Ethiopian apartment for some Garaabaa (which cost about 25 dollar a bag).He stress the fact that he will never retain any man on his premise who asks for a Maajiin .His business was born out of necessity; he is not there to do anyone any favor even if you are from the same Jilliib with him.You just have to accept your fate and cough the fifty dollars.

PS Inakarbash is pseudo name to protect his identity, but if you have been to Atlanta you know whom I’m talking about.

Fabregas   

25 dollars is a heck of a alot of money. I know some farax relatives who live in Scandanavia; summerka they just come to the UK. :D Personally, I wouldn't recommend anyone to use the green stuff.

N.O.R.F   

They usually have an excuse of coming over for a wedding (anyone who is remotely close to them) and stay for the whole summer :D

:D @ STOIC

nice read ... reminded me of my first experience chewing a couple of years ago ... except for me it was back home .. and we bought it by the KG ... i couldn't sleep for 48 hours after that .. and my gum become numb apparently i dug hole in mu gum trying to get the leaves out from between my teeth with a toothpick fashioned from the stem of khat leaves & i bled all over my shirt without realizing it.

i probably would have had a better experience had i started slowly .. instead of hitting the heavy stuff .. coupled with a few cups of Ethiopian coffee LOL i was sky high in less then 30 minutes ... except i go completely mute when i chew.

after that didn't really care for the stuff ... now i only chew on special occasions like maybe 1 a year.

I decided to join the gym this weekend. I was bored of doing nothing with myself since May. Since I was sacked from my teaching position I have done nothing good, except set up Real Impact Community and going on holiday a few times. Life eh? there is no rest for the wicked!!

Tuujiye   

^^^ wili nacnacdii baad wadaa oday yahoo caruurta is mooday...

Go join the gym!! is about you have knoticed your life qashiin yahoo........ internet isn't your life..get of the coputer and get a life for once shiiiiiiiiiiiiidh!!!! what the hell you need a holiday 4? you didn't do anything for 3 month!!!

Anyways someone had to say it!! lol so mr Marx hope you stay of the jaad or khad and get some life.. the GYM is a start!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!