Sign in to follow this  
Fyr

Bin Laden's niece poses for GQ

Fyr   

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Her uncle may be the world's most elusive fugitive, but Osama bin Laden's niece is about as conspicuous as she can be in a sexy photo shoot in the January edition of the men's fashion magazine GQ.

Wafah Dufour is an aspiring New York-based musician who told the magazine that her family ties to the al Qaeda leader suspected of masterminding the September 11, 2001 attacks have prompted death threats and sent her into a bout of depression.

Source

Yeniceri   

Originally posted by Fyr:

Wafah Dufour is an aspiring New York-based musician who told the magazine that her family ties to the al Qaeda leader suspected of masterminding the September 11, 2001 attacks have prompted
death threats

What did she expect? The people sending the death threats are probably of the same mindset as the morons who killed a Sikh dude because he looked like a Muslim.

Baluug   

What a sad cry for attention. Look at me, I wanna be like yooooooouuuuuuu!!! Reminds me of the Jungle Book movie where King Louie sings to Mowgli.

Well, we'll see how the Americans "accept" her and I hope it makes front page news when it happens.

^^ Don't be hash on her, she is only a poor young lost girl, time will teach her, I hope she finds the right path, Gets back to her Islamic values Insha'alah.

Not only her, A lot more lost Muslim girls indulging in all sorts of immoral activities including our own sisters, the only reason she's getting focus is the Famous Uncle, ooh and Imagine how much pressure she on right now, the offers the big checks and nonsense short time promises hitting her doorway from the West and these so called Magazines, only to degrade and drag down the name of the Famous Uncle, As if it matters?

Irrelevant, an issue of concern thou.

J.Lee   

"Everyone relates me to that man, and I have nothing to do with him," she told the magazine in an article titled: "It Isn't Easy Being the Sexy Bin Laden."

Dufour said she would not date a fundamentalist Muslim and that her mother worries about her safety.

"My mom is always telling me that if I say something too drastic, I might get killed by a fundamentalist," she told GQ. "My mom is freaking out every day that some crazy fundamentalist is going to say, 'How dare she say that?'"

LOL. Walee, whoever her PR agent is, s/he deserve a raise.

Hollar for a dollar, better yet do something strange for a change ma is tidhi.

Modesty   

I actually feel sorry for her. She is getting sexually exploited, while she is thinking this will help her become more accepted in western society.These days it seems that being naked is seen as being free, yet being covered is seen as backwards.It's as if the good is seen as bad, and vice versa.

Jaylaani   

She’s only doing what other Muslim girls, including Somali chicks, are doing in the west…. gaining wealth and recognition by exploiting Islam and exposing their body.

What difference is there btwn her & the following women?

iman.jpg

&

dirie.jpg

Just becoz they dont have [iN]famous uncles?

Ilaahey dambigeena haa dhaafo,we are all sinners

Maf Kees   

^^^ [Edit: To Jaylani] Why generalize all Muslimahs and Somali girls in the west, because of a few rotten apples?

P.S. Who the F cares about some niece?

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Daanyeer:

^^^ [Edit: To Jaylani] Why generalize all Muslimahs and Somali girls in the west, because of a few rotten apples?

P.S. Who the F cares about some niece?

I never said ALL...read my post again.

Afromali..

That is exactly what I was talking about. We have the tendency to point fingers when we are doing the same shyt out here in the west....

Maf Kees   

You didn't have to. But I must admit, you can interpret your post in two different ways.

But what have those Somali models got to do with the topic? As if we Somalis are collectively responsible for their choices in life.

^You[Danyeerow] are right,somali models have nothing to do with the topic,but i felt like putting my cuzins for comparison reasons & also becoz they are ones i know.

I couldave used Arab,Pashtuni,Uzbeki,pakis & chechen models but am not an Arab nor a pashtun nor an uzbeki or paki; Dee waxan aqaano umbaan comparison kusameeye ,marka shut your motha-maxaan idhaa icon_razz.gif:D

In all seriousness,theres no difference btwn her and all the numerous muslim models out there. Becoz they dont have a famous last name,they dont get interviewed by GQ.

Capitalistic symbiosis: She gets exposure,they get circulation. Whats the hoo-haa about?

Castro   

Ok. I'm normally politically correct but not today. That woman should not be called a model or be compared to Iman. She's not very attractive. That excludes her from being a model. Besides the last name (and looking a little like Bin Laden himself) and showing her a$$ to the camera, she's a normal person. She's no pin-up. And I know pin-ups. :D