Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Women's basketball event excites war-weary Somalis

I don't know which basics you refer to but I do not concern myself with what makes up anyone's basics. I do know that historically, the self-righteous always were blinded by their stance.

Being a Muslim is so much more than what you wear. After you are finished looking over the checklist of requirements, remember that being humble and gracious are actually on that list too.

It's not how loudly you announce being a Muslim, but how quietly you defer to Allah, that matters IMO.

Dismissing a person's perspective by stating that you don't agree with their basics, and to question how Muslim one is, is probably the last thing Islam wanted people to do. But good luck to you in your attempt to isolate people from being part of the highly coveted Muslim of the year winners circle.

I may not agree with you but I don't question your faith as the basis for my argument in a debate or a commentary.

Salaam to all

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Abyan:

Tent? ar maandheey xaa kuugu dhacay saan waa karooneed

Hee maxaa dhacay? Maxaan kaloo ku tilmaamaa hee?

Rahima   

Lame Radar, the basic point that the Hijab is wajib. The dirac alone is not a type of hijab. Can someone not be humble and gracious whilst wearing the appropriate hijab? Must it be one or the other?

Islam is a deen- a way of life, hence what's in the heart is very important, but it MUST be accompanied by actions.

You seem to a chip on your shoulder, hence why i don't really wish to get into it with you ;) .

Anyhow wlc smile.gif

Originally posted by Rahima:

Lame Radar, the basic point that the Hijab is wajib. The dirac alone is not a type of hijab. Can someone not be humble and gracious whilst wearing the appropriate hijab? Must it be one or the other?

Islam is a deen- a way of life, hence what's in the heart is very important, but it MUST be accompanied by actions.

You seem to a chip on your shoulder, hence why i don't really wish to get into it with you
;)

Anyhow wlc
smile.gif

It's highly presumptuous of you to explain what Islam is to me when you don't know anything about me. As for my having a chip on my shoulder, I would say that you might be projecting here.

You don't really wish to get into it with me? Since when is my perspective and my opposing view about you? Is that not slightly self centered on your part? I was under the impression that people have a dialogue on here regarding topics that are brought forth.

As for the your comment on being humble and gracious, well self-righteousness doesn't fit well with those two is what my comment was about.

Thank you for the welcome! :D

Salaam

The basketball event .. always excited the people before the recent wars .... I was at the womans basketball game in 2000 ... the winners where gabdhaha SOS ... a really skilled team

Rahima waa runteed, meesha game looma tago .. gabdhaha boodboodaya in la daawado loo tagaa !

Fabregas   

^^lol, i remember there an article on sol concerning some games in Qatar or somewhere and the all the khamees wearers were flocking to the womens games. :D

Xidigo   

Originally posted by Lame Radar:

I don't know which basics you refer to but I do not concern myself with what makes up anyone's basics. I do know that historically, the self-righteous always were blinded by their stance.

Being a Muslim is so much more than what you wear. After you are finished looking over the checklist of requirements, remember that being humble and gracious are actually on that list too.

It's not how loudly you announce being a Muslim, but how quietly you defer to Allah, that matters IMO.

Dismissing a person's perspective by stating that you don't agree with their basics, and to question how Muslim one is, is probably the last thing Islam wanted people to do. But good luck to you in your attempt to isolate people from being part of the highly coveted Muslim of the year winners circle.

I may not agree with you but I don't question your faith as the basis for my argument in a debate or a commentary.

Salaam to all

Well said sister. :D And you are right about the point that you made. "It's not how loudly you announce being a Muslim, but how quietly you defer to Allah," Ishaad ka tuurtay walee.

Originally posted by Blessed*:

Haha. It must be a conservative culture thing, ladies sports hardly sparks interest in the west..

:D ... sideenoo kale .. hadh iyo habeen .. waslado kuuskuusan sanka lagama geliyio dadkaas ... marka nuursiga meel kasta wuu galayaa.... adigaaba carab ku nool you must know what im talking about

Blessed   

^ :D . You're so right. LOL

I guess it would be better if it was a ladies only event.

"It's not how loudly you announce being a Muslim, but how quietly you defer to Allah,"

This is NOT true, walaal. Believe is personal but Islam is an outward religion. Allah commands us in some many verses of the Quran to both announce and wear it, in various ways and not just our clothing. smile.gif

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Blessed*:

Haha. It must be a conservative culture thing, ladies sports hardly sparks interest in the west..

because ladies sports could be considered as modestly dressed compared to what you see on an average summer even or sunny april day. :D

Blessed   

^Have you heard about the seaman who visited the UK back in the day, when he went back home the people asked him about England. Wuxu yidhi, 'waar meesha lix biloodna geedahaa qaawan, lixda kalena naagahaa qaawan.' It's like that, eh.. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Interesting stories and interesting names. In fact, I have not met one single Seaman who did not have a crazy nickname. There are very few of them left now (in London and Cardiff). I always wanted to visit their place and record all the stories they have. It is quite a history I tell you. :D