Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

The Dream Team?

Salaan...

For the last couple weeks, Fifa polled the football fans around the world to choose their Dream Team. More than a million and half responded. I was one of them. smile.gif But, the sad thing is some strikers on this so-named Dream Team is beyond my comprehension. Some real good players had been left off. And that is so sad. We see players like Romario and Baggio making the list, while it leaves the good old ones that conjures the mind: Socrates, Mathiaus, Ruud Gullit, Zico, and among hall of famers left unchosen.

This is what the fans had chosen to be their Dream Team:

1141596188.jpg

If you don't know who is who on that picture, here are that famous familiar faces' names.

From the top forwarders, from left to right:

Joon Garuuf {John Gruff, a Dutchman}, Beele {Pele, a Brazilian} and Romaariyo {Romario, a Brazilian also}

Midfielders, from left to right:

Maaradona {Maradona, Argentinian}, Sidaane {Zidane, a French man}, Baajiyo {Baggio, Italian}, and Balaatini {Platini, French}

Defenders, from left to right:

Maldiini {Maldini, Italian}, Bakinbaawar {Beckenbauer, German}, Karloos {Carlos, Brazilian}

The goalkeeper:

Liif Yaashin {Lev Yashin, Rusian}

Some do, no questions asked, deserve to be on that list, but kamoon Baggio is on while Mathiaus, Zico, Hagi or even Valderamma are not. Kamoon, that is something else. What about Romario? Didn't the fans have a chance to see other forwarders; other great, great forwarders. Among them, Ruud Gullit, Klinsman, Rossi, Van Basta, Careca, etc.

And look at the defenders. While Beckenbauer deserves, others are not certainly. Just take a look at Carlos. Does he deserve to be on that list? I don't think so, while we have a real great defenders of all time. Among these: Rummenige, Frank Baresi, etc.

Well, the fans have spoken, but certainly that wasn't my list.

Macsalaama!!

WingA   

are we talking about World Cup 2002 dream team or the History of World Cup dream team?

am confussed!!

:confused:

lata..

H   

Well da 2002 Dream Team should be da one 2 talk about and not da old boyz.

FIFA name 33-man all-star squad

YOKOHAMA (Reuters) - Four of South Korea's surprise World Cup side, which against all expectations has reached the semi-finals, have been picked by a FIFA panel of experts in a 33-strong short-list for its all-star team of the tournament.

Ahn Jung-Hwan: South Korea hero (Reuters)

Ahn Jung-hwan, who scored the golden goal winner in the shock second-round 2-1 victory over Italy, is included along with captain and defender Hong Myung-bo, midfielder Yoo Sang-chul and goalkeeper Lee Woon-jae.

The feared Brazilian three R's -- Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo -- are also included along with German's five-goal striker Miroslav Klose who takes on South Korea on Tuesday in Seoul in the first semi-final.

Turkey, who contest a semi-final with favourites Brazil on Wednesday in Saitama, have keeper Rustu Recber, defender Alpay Ozalan and striker Hasan Sas included.

The Japanese midfield pairing of Hidetoshi Nakata and Junichi Inamoto were also in the 33 but surprisingly, England's impressive defender Rio Ferdinand failed to win a place.

Pele, who won the World Cup three times in 1958, 1962 and 1970 with Brazil, will announce the final all-star World Cup team on June 28 in Yokohama, two days before the final in the same Japanese city.

The 10-strong panel of coaches is headed by respected coach Jozef Venglos who coached the former Czechoslovakia at the 1990 finals in Italy.

FIFA All-Star Team shortlist:

Goalkeepers: Oliver Kahn (Germany), Marcos (Brazil), Iker Casillas (Spain), Rustu Recber (Turkey), Lee-Woon-jae (South Korea)

Defenders: Cafu (Brazil), Roberto Carlos (Brazil), Sol Campbell (England), Hong Myung-bo (South Korea), Alpay Ozalan (Turkey), Fernando Hierro (Spain), Johan Mjallby (Sweden)

Midfielders: David Beckham (England), Junichi Inamoto (Japan), Hidetoshi Nakata (Japan), Pape Malick Diop (Senegal), Claudio Reyna (U.S.), Michael Ballack (Germany), Yoo Sang-chul (South Korea), Marc Wilmots (Belgium).

Forwards: Rivaldo (Brazil), Ronaldo (Brazil), Ronaldinho (Brazil), El Hadji Diouf (Senegal), Ahn Jung-hwan (South Korea), Landon Donovan (U.S.), Raul (Spain), Hasan Sas (Turkey), Miroslav Klose (Germany), Christian Vieri (Italy), Henrik Larsson (Sweden), Michael Owen (England), Jon Dahl Tomasson (Denmark).

Thunder   

I was one the people that voted for Romario...skills..skills...and skills.

Bagio need I to say...Italy wouldn't quailify to the last two world cups with out him. Sure he missed a penalty but this soccer not basketball.

Carlos...spead...spead..the guy is like a Ferrari with a ball control.

The choice is perfect I just that they would add one more person....ME :D

TRIPLE S   

hey'

That fifa team could not have been picked any better. baresi has nothing on carlos, that guy completely deserves that position.

And the young roberto baggio who once single handedly campaigned at the age of 16 to eventually bring fiorentina into the Serie A also deserves his postion. But The only problem that team could have is a battle of egos,otherwise they're flawless.

My dream team would have been as follows

Formattion: 3, 5 , 2

Goal Keeper (1)Peter Shimicheal (2) Dino Zoff

Defence: Baresi (CB), BecknBaur (CB), Rikaard (CB)

Medfield: Revilno(LM), E.Davids(DM) ,Zidane (MC), Cafu (RM), Maradona (AMC)

Attack: Ronaldo (CF) M. VanBasten (CF).